Monday, August 12, 2013

Homeschooling

      So with much prayer and much time talking with my husband we have decided to "Homeschool" this year.  This has been a long desire as well as my children for many years but just didn't feel it was something I could do.  Thoughts of  can I do this, will I mess them up and then the one everyone complains about... they will be so anti-social and have no communication with other children.  I believe with any desire you first have to pray about it, then wait.  I know with Gods Will anything is possible.  We all have seasons in our lives and we believe for this season it's what is best for our family.  I have really struggled more than anything with the thoughts of...  what will people think, what criticism will I receive to my face and behind my back?  I was then reminded today from my sister.... "What people think of me is none of my business, but what God thinks of me is everything" That was like a breath of fresh air, like a load was lifted off my shoulders.  How true?  I know not everyone is going to agree with my decision and that's ok.  At the end of this life I,  nor will my children have to answer for what other peoples thoughts or opinions of us are.  I am excited and both nervous as we embark on this new journey in our lives.  After Cory graduating I have realize we truly only have them here in our home for a very short time.  It is my desire to pour into them as must as I can while they are here.  Teach them and train them the life skills we feel are important.

  Proverbs 22:6
Train your child in the way he should go: and when he is old,  he will not depart from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment