Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 New Years Goals

We are a couple of weeks into the New Year, usually I make New Years "Resolutions", but not this year.  I feel sometimes we make them, however we don't follow through and end up feeling discouraged.  So with that being said this year I have made a list of goals, nothing that is to far out of reach.  I do feel change is good, and there is something about the New Year that feels like a fresh start.  So this year my "New Year Goals" are…. 1. Eating more healthy, which I love. However, living in a house of boys who are meat and potato lovers it's kind of hard.  Since we homeschool and most of our lunches are at home,  I am going to start eating more salads and cooking meals with fresh produce which I love. Then for dinner I will cook for the family and just do major portion control!  Maybe after awhile they will want to dab into my yummy lunches and change their eating.
2. De-Clutter, donate, get rid of!!! I love doing this!  We have lived in this house going on 15 years. I am shocked at how much "stuff" we have accumulated in this amount of time.  We are also moving in a few months which makes me really want to de-clutter!  My goal is if I have not used it, worn it or touched it in 6 months to 1 year, then I do not need it. 
3. I am hoping to journal and blog more, I truly enjoy writing but don't do it nearly as much as I would like to.  I am praying about how much t.v. I watch, how much time I spend on social media.  I do enjoy social media and there is nothing wrong with it, I just want to have a balance.   
4. Last and certainly not least is my walk with God.  I have been praying that I would see others and have love and compassion for them as He does. I know this will not be easy, but He loves them and has Grace & Mercy for them just as He does me. 
So I know with these goals I will do better some days than others, but just as Christ has Grace & Mercy for me, I must remember to have it for my self during this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment